Is your garage door opener light coming on and staying on? It should typically stay on for about four minutes after you open your door. However, if it is staying on longer or not coming on at all, there is a problem you need to address. Here are some reasons why your light won’t stay on or turn off.
- If your door control has multiple functions, check the “Light” button on the panel. Your door control panel is usually on the wall inside your garage. Sometimes the “Light” button is accidentally activated which causes the light to stay on. Try pressing it again to turn it off.
- If your remote control has motion sensors, the light feature is easy to turn on/off.
- Turn off the function through the menu button.
- Click the button that says, “light settings.”
- Click the automatic light button.
- Turn on/off the sensory feature function.
- Return to menu panel.
- If those options don’t work, the wiring in the logic board could be a problem. Try these steps:
- Reset the light timer to the lowest setting (90 seconds) instead of 4 minutes.
- Disconnect the unit power.
- Disconnect the wiring from the opener.
- After 90 seconds, reconnect the power and see if the lights come on.
- Then, reconnect the opener.
If your troubleshooting efforts don’t resolve the problem, call your local garage door experts and have an experienced technician look into the issue.