How does In-Garage Delivery work?
- After installing the Key for Garage Kit, eligible Prime members will be able to choose “in-garage” shipping at checkout when shopping on Amazon.com.
- On delivery day, you will receive a notification in the morning with a 4-hour delivery window for when the delivery driver will arrive at your home.
- Right before the driver arrives at your home, you will receive an “Arriving Now” notification. You can choose to watch the delivery happening live if you have opted to install an Amazon Cloud Cam as part of your In-Garage Kit.
- The driver will request to open your door via their Amazon handheld delivery device.
- Amazon verifies that the package(s) belong to the address and the driver is near the correct door, turns on Cloud Cam if you have one, and opens the garage door. No special codes or keys are given to the driver.
- The driver will then place the package(s) just inside the door and request that it be closed.
- The driver will not move on to his or her next delivery until the door is completely closed.
- Once the delivery is complete and the door is closed, and you will get a final notification that the delivery is complete (and can watch a video clip of the delivery if you have a Cloud Cam).